Readers Publications (from now on called "Readers") offers end-to-end supply chain solutions from storage and order fulfillment to shipping. Readers' vast network of warehouses allows you to store your products close to your customers, enabling you to deliver orders faster and cheaper. Our Fulfillment service helps online and retail sellers in order processing by integrating their sales channels into our in-house warehouse management system. Readers helps our clients from storing inventory, picking, packing, and shipping to their customers. With a combination of its fleet of vehicles and partner carriers, Readers provides same-day, 2-day, and inter-state delivery services for discounted prices.
Readers will overcome all the operational challenges facing by the client in a single go and giving the client more space to think about his sales and marketing activities and business expansion. Readers is a complete technology-enabled platform. Readers collects data from clients when they register with us and entrust with us the personal details of their customers, including phone numbers, addresses, and pin codes.
Readers generally deals only with e-commerce entities from India and other countries. However, their clients include many multinational corporations that have operations in many countries, and as a result, Readers has continuous transactions from these corporations as long as they remain our clients.
- DEFINITIONS AND KEY TERMS
To help explain the terms of reference, they are defined herein:
- Cookies: small amount of data generated by a website and saved by your web browser. Readers uses it to identify your browser, provide analytics, remember information about you, such as your language preference or login information.
- Country: means wherever Readers has its offices in India or the owners/founders of Readers are based, in this case in Hyderabad, India.
- Customer: refers to the company, organization, or person who signs up using the Readers service to manage the relationships with your consumers or service users.
- Device: any internet-connected device such as a phone, tablet, computer, or any other machine used to visit Readers and use the services.
- IP address: Every device connected to the Internet is assigned a number known as an Internet protocol (IP) address. These numbers, usually assigned in geographic blocks. We can use an IP address to identify the location from which a device connects to the Internet.
- Personnel: refers to those individuals employed by Readers or are under contract to perform a service on behalf of one of the parties.
- Personal Data: Any information directly, indirectly, or connected with other information — including a personal identification number — allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
- Personal Identifiable Information or Personal Identity Information (PII) is the information that can identify an individual when used alone or with other relevant data.
- Service: refers to the service provided by Readers as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this platform.
- Data Retention means the process of storing data for compliance or business reasons by Readers.
- Data Retention Period means the amount of time that Readers’ keeps a particular type of data.
- Archiving means the process of moving data that is not in use to a separate storage device or location for retention, preferably in cold storage.
- Cold storage means a storage medium for static and infrequently accessed data.
- Backup means a copy of data made in case something happens to the original.
- Destruction means physical or technical destruction of data by Readers that makes it irretrievable by ordinary commercially available means.
- Third-party service: refers to advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners, and others who provide our content or whose products or services Readers thinks may interest you.
- Website: Readers’ site, which is accessible via this URL: https://www.readers.in/
- You/client/customer: a person or entity registered with Readers to use the services offered.
- CONDITIONS OF USE, NOTICES, AND REVISIONS
If you choose to use Readers’ services, your use and any dispute over privacy are subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the prevailing law in India. If you have any concerns about privacy at Readers, please contact us with a thorough description of your grievance, and Readers will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our websites frequently to see recent changes.
Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that Readers has about you and your account. Readers stands behind the promises it makes; however, it will never materially change its policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
- YOUR CONSENT
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT, AND HOW DO WE COLLECT THEM?
Readers collects your personal information in a variety of ways. To clarify the kind of information that is collected, Readers has classified the data collected into two categories: PERSONAL IDENTITY INFORMATION (PII) and NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION (NPI).
- PERSONAL IDENTITY INFORMATION (PII): PERSONAL IDENTITY INFORMATION is the personal information that we will be collecting from our customers and clients to achieve the assigned task of delivering the goods, and they include information such as a customer or client's name, address, e-mail, and phone number, etc.
- When you create an account with us, we may ask you for information such as your name, date of birth or e-mail address, etc.
- If you order a product or paid service from us, we may ask for your name, address, contact information, and shipping and payment information to process your order.
- To respond when you contact customer service, we may need the information to verify your identity and the product or service you are inquiring about.
- When you communicate with our customer service staff or others, transmit your communications through our systems.
- Since Readers' does business with e-commerce entities to store their goods and deliver them, they may collect their customer's personal information such as the customer's name, e-mail, address, phone numbers, etc., for delivery of goods.
- If you share your contacts, we may collect their phone numbers and other contact information to facilitate the delivery of goods.
- NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION (NPI): NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION is the information other than personal such as inventory, goods, etc. that are left in the care of Readers to achieve the assigned task of delivering them or storing them with Readers.
- INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES
In addition to the information you provide, Readers will also collect:
- Log information: Diagnostic, technical, error, and usage information such as the time and duration of your use of our services, search query terms when you enter search terms into your device in connection with a particular Readers Service, and any information stored in cookies that Readers have set.
- Location information: Your device’s GPS signal or information about nearby wi-fi access points and cell towers that may be transmitted to Readers when you use certain services and enable location function.
- FOR WHAT PURPOSES DOES READERS USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Readers uses your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that they offer their customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services: Readers’ uses your personal information to take and fulfill orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Readers’ services: Readers’ uses your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the Readers’ services.
- Recommendations and personalization: Readers’ use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences and personalize your experience with Readers’ services.
- Provide voice, image, and camera services: When you use Readers’ voice, image, and camera services, they use your voice input, images, videos, and other personal information to respond to your requests, provide the requested service to you, and improve our services.
- Comply with legal obligations. In some instances, Readers’ collects and uses your personal information to comply with laws. For example, Readers’ collects sender information regarding their establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
- Communicate with you. Readers’ uses your personal information to communicate with you concerning their services via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail, chat).
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. Readers’ uses personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse to protect their customers' security and others. Readers’ may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
- WHAT ABOUT COOKIES AND OTHER IDENTIFIERS?
- DOES READERS’ SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OUTSIDERS OR THIRD PARTIES?
- Business Transfers: As Readers continues to develop our business, we might sell or buy other companies or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise. Also, in the unlikely event that Readers' taken over wholly or substantially or any of its affiliates' business is taken over wholly or substantially, and all their assets are acquired, customer information will, of course, be one of the transferred assets.
- Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when Readers shares personal information with third parties, and you shall have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- HOW DOES READERS SECURE AND ENCRYPT THE INFORMATION RECEIVED FROM VARIOUS SOURCES IN INDIA AND ABROAD?
Readers design their systems with your security and privacy in mind. To protect the information received from their clients and customers and maintain the data's integrity, they encrypt the data received at various stages safely and securely using Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256-bit encryption as per the best industry practices.
- Readers ensures that the encrypted data stored or received by them is used only by the person for whom it is intended. After that, destroy the data after taking sufficient precautions as per law.
- Readers works to protect your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- All the sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into Readers' Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) removed from the file.
- Readers follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling payment card data.
- Readers maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards connected with collecting, storing, processing, and disclosing personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that Readers may occasionally request proof of identity before Readers discloses personal information to you.
- Readers’ system offers security features to protect them against unauthorized access and loss of data. You can control these features and configure them based on your needs.
- You need to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
- LEVEL CLASSIFICATION OF READERS PERSONNEL FOR DATA USAGE
11.1 For determining persons who can have authorized access to the data, they are classified as per the requirement for handling the data as under, each level of personnel shall have authorization and restricted access to information as per their need and use of data to finish their respective tasks:
- Top Management
- Supervisor Managers
- Security Personnel and
- Data access will be given to all personnel on a need-to-know basis only and
- Data to be accessed by each level personnel shall be encrypted using AES 256-bit encryption, which is as per best industry standards and shall be limited to the task for which they need the data.
- Any deviation by any personnel of Readers or anyone working for them as third-party contractors from the standard industry policy shall be deemed as a violation that the management shall act upon as per their service policy.
- DATA IN TRANSIT
To finish the task assigned by Readers client, they shall transmit the data received from their client to the relevant persons in an AES 256-bit encrypted form. To share data received by them from their customers and clients to the appropriate persons and ensuring the maintenance of security and integrity of the data Readers shall encrypt the data at all levels using Advanced Encryption System 256-bit encryption as per the best industry practices.
- DATA RETENTION AND RECOVERY
Data that is available with Readers that their clients and customers provide shall be retained in an encrypted version to carry out the task assigned to Readers' and maintained as per the policy described hereunder.
- Data procured from Readers’ clients shall be retained in an encrypted version using the AES 256-bit encryption for 30 days maximum by Readers from the date of shipping the goods for statutory requirements and internal company's accounting and compliance purposes.
- Readers shall, after that, destroy all the copies of the data after retaining one encrypted copy in cold storage or offline backup store, whichever is feasible for them, for their legal and taxation purposes, after the said period of 30 days. The data in cold storage shall be encrypted using the AES 256-bit encryption.
- Readers’ computer software systems are programmed to automatically destroy all the data copies after 30 days, except for one encrypted version kept in cold storage as a backup record.
- Readers shall maintain this system cycle unless the company changes its policy or is required under law to change it.
- HOW LONG DO READERS KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
Readers keeps your information only so long as they need it to provide services to you and to fulfill the purposes described in this policy. This shall also be the case for anyone they share your information with and who carries out services for Readers. When Readers no further need to use your information, they shall either remove it from their systems or depersonalize it so that you cannot be identified you in the following manner:
- Information Data received from third parties such as customer name, e-mail address, phone number, office, or residential addresses, etc., will be purged after 30 days from the date of delivery of goods. This policy aligns with their agreement with all our partners and associates who also conform to this condition.
- End Customer Personal Buyer Information such as customer name, e-mail address, phone number, address information, etc., provided by the service provider shall be purged after 30 days from the delivery date. This policy aligns with their agreement with all our partners and associates who also conform to this condition.
- If the user or client is not active in the system for 1 year, Readers will purge the information about such user or client.
- If the Account Holder is inactive for 3 years, then Readers shall purge his/her/their account from the system.
- All Readers' clients' and customers' information shall be kept in an encrypted manner using the AES 256-bit encryption only.
- WHAT INFORMATION CAN I ACCESS?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, Prime membership, household settings, and purchase history in the "Your Account" section of the website or mobile application. Click here for a list of examples that you can access. To request access to personal information that is not available through Your Account you can submit a request here.
- WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
If you have any questions about how Readers collects and uses your personal information, please contact their Grievance Officer. In addition, many of our Readers services also include settings that provide you with options as to how they use your information.
- As described above, you can always choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the Readers services.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in What Information Can I Access? When you update information, Readers usually keeps a copy of the prior version for their records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other communications from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- If you do not want to see interest-based ads, please adjust your Advertising Preferences.
- If you want to browse our websites without linking the browsing history to your account, you may do so by logging out of your account here and blocking cookies on your browser.
- You will also be able to opt-out of certain other types of data usage by updating your settings on the applicable Readers’ website (e.g., in "Manage Your Content and Devices"), device, or application. In addition, most non-Readers companies also provide users with the ability to change device permissions (e.g., disable/access location services, contacts). For most devices, these controls are in the device's settings menu.
- ARE CHILDREN ALLOWED TO USE READERS SERVICES?
Readers does not sell services for purchase by children. Therefore, if you are under the age of 18 years, you may use Readers’ services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
- WHEN DOES READERS USE END-USER INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTIES?
Readers will collect End User Data necessary to provide our services to our customers. All such data collected from any source shall be stored within Readers using the AES 256-bit encryption.
End-users may voluntarily provide us with the information they have made available on social media websites. If you provide us with any such information, Readers may collect publicly available information from the social media websites you have indicated. You can control how much of your information social media websites make public by visiting these websites and changing your privacy settings.
Readers receives some information from the third parties when you contact us. For example, when you submit your e-mail address to us to show interest in becoming a Readers customer, Readers receives information from a third party that provides automated fraud detection services to Readers. Readers also occasionally collects information that is made publicly available on social media websites. You can control how much of your information social media websites make public by visiting these websites and changing your privacy settings.
- COULD MY INFORMATION BE TRANSFERRED TO OTHER COUNTRIES?
Readers shall transmit the data in encrypted form using their AES 256-bit encryption to be used by their offices and office personnel worldwide as per their clearance level to complete the tasks assigned to them.
Readers strictly complies with all the data protection policies enacted by the government.
- GOVERNING LAW
The laws of India, excluding its conflicts of law rules, shall govern this agreement and your use of the website. Your use of the website may also be subject to other local, state, national, or international laws.
- GRIEVANCE RESOLUTION SYSTEM
- Technical: Sandeep Kumar Gudupati
E-mail: [email protected]
Address: C16, UPPAL IDA, HYDERABAD 500039, TS, INDIA
- Legal: Raghuram Chadalavada
E-mail: [email protected]
Address: C16, UPPAL IDA, HYDERABAD 500039, TS, INDIA
- Grievance Redressal Officer: Sandeep Mahendarkar
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone Number: +91-63091 72020
Address: C16, UPPAL IDA, HYDERABAD 500039, TS, INDIA